Business Development Manager
Identifying Sales Opportunities
As New Business Development Manager you will be responsible for identifying sales opportunities with new clients and progressing these through the sales lifecycle. Working alongside the lead development team you will be responsible for identifying and generating your own leads and appointments.
Primary role & responsibilities
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
- Set up meetings with potential clients
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions or conferences
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections
- Maintain oversight of active implementations; advocate when needed.
- Build relationships with customers at an executive level.
- Become a trusted customer advocate
- Maintain a working knowledge of company portfolio
- Be knowledgeable and actively involved in the contact centre and customer service marketplace
- Proven experience as a New Business Sales Executive or relevant role
- Should possess fantastic interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with complex, multi-divisional, multi-geographical customers and have experience influencing / directing others
- Comprehensive knowledge of Unified Communications and Contact Centre as a Service, and multi-channel (Omnichannel) communications
- Knowledge of contact centre/customer service industry and practices
- Passion for technology
- Impressive executive presence and communication abilities, both orally and in writing
- Bias for action
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Products, Marketing, Engineering, Services)
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn software programs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- A self-managed, quick learner that can think independently, knows when and how to seek feedback, can move ahead and keep projects on pace, while keeping everyone in the loop.
- Ability to thrive in a high growth start-up and juggle many balls at one time.
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Ability to accurately maintain a pipeline / forecast in a timely manner
Attributes we're looking for
- Working knowledge of the core platforms in our portfolio (NICE inContact/Lifesize/Fuze/Zendesk/Gamma)
- High Level knowledge of our tier-2 partner offerings (Key IVR/ Eckoh/Calabrio/Omilia)
- Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus
What we Offer
· Competitive Salary
· Pension Scheme
· Group life and Group income protection
· Company Healthcare Scheme
· 23 days Holiday + birthday + bank holidays