Senior Software Developer
C# and .net
Our client is looking for developers with a STEM or Computer Science degree who develop in C# / .net on a regular basis. You will be joining a CCaaS vendor at the top of their game. The company are recognised by Gartner as leaders in their field and are keen to add to their in house engineering department. You’ll be used to working in agile in TDD environment. The company are based in Bracknell so you will need to comfortable with a commute to the offices as this is an office based role.
Software Developers integrate applications into our platform for customers. They ensure applications function fully and speak to customer systems and our platform, for instance by API or SFTP. From design, development, testing, deploying and maintaining up-to-date applications and services, they enable our business to deliver mission-critical communications solutions for customers.
3-5 major areas of responsibility with a brief description of the expected activities
- Write code in appropriate languages, principally C# or .NET.
- Design the architecture of new application components and achieve internal sign off for development specifications where required.
- Develop back-end applications and features to meet customer/project requirements.
- Use the company’s chosen methodology/process eg Agile.
- Thoroughly test new features or developments to make sure they perform the desired task correctly in all cases. Test sites / applications in different environments as necessary.
- Work with Quality Assurance teams/processes to validate builds ready for launch.
- Launch development projects, staying available to ensure success. Ensure all change processes are followed.
- Ensure appropriate documentation/updates are provided to relevant colleagues/customers.
Maintenance & improvement
- Problem solve and fix bugs as discovered/reported.
- Perform ongoing maintenance or upgrade of the platform as required, following internal change procedures at all times.
- Review colleagues’ code and work as required prior to changes.
- Build and maintain databases when relevant.
- Share ideas and work on projects for improving applications, process or the wider platform.
- Review projects/deployments and learn lessons to improve future performance.
- Design and pilot prototype applications where required.
- Stay up to date with trends and technological advancements in web development. Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages as relevant.
- Good experience of developing commercial projects/applications in C#, typically of at least two years
- Good experience in SQL and using relation databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and PostGRES
- Experience in source control, in particular Git
- Experience working with an Agile environment, in particular Scrum, and applying supporting practices such as TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Knowledge and experience working to OWASP ASVS or equivalent application security standards.
- Experience of .NET core
- Experience in developing containerising applications with Docker and using orchestration such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes.
- Experience in NoSQL databases such as ElasticSearch.
- Experience in using test tools such as Selenium Web Driver, SoapUI, Burp Suite
Attributes we're looking for
Skills / Aptitude:
- Good attention to detail
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage complex tasks and meet deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to work in a team.
- Able to understand the impact of functionality on customers/appreciate customer needs
What we Offer
- Competative salary
- Industry leading technology - Gartner recognised leader in CCaaS
- Opportunity to learn and grow with this forward thinking company
Whilst rare, there could be occasional requirements in each development team to advise customers directly on technical or project details and so a willingness to do so and to visit customer sites may be required.